Alex Jones faces second trial over Sandy Hook hoax claims

Norge Nyheter Nyheter

Alex Jones faces second trial over Sandy Hook hoax claims
Norge Siste Nytt,Norge Overskrifter
  • 📰 ksatnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 53%

A Connecticut jury is set to hear opening arguments about how much money conspiracy theorist Alex Jones should pay relatives of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting for calling the massacre a hoax.

Jones is not expected to attend the trial Tuesday. He said on his show Monday that he would be traveling to Connecticut next week.The Sandy Hook families and former FBI agent William Aldenberg say they have been confronted and harassed for years by people who believed Jones’ false claim that the shooting was staged by crisis actors as part of a plot to take away people's guns.

Jones, whose web show and Infowars brand are based in Austin, Texas, has been banned from YouTube, Facebook and Spotify for violating hate-speech policies.Jones now says he believes the shooting was real. At the Texas trial, he testified that he realizes what he said was irresponsible, did hurt people’s feelings and he apologized.

Vi har oppsummert denne nyheten slik at du kan lese den raskt. Er du interessert i nyhetene kan du lese hele teksten her. Les mer:

ksatnews /  🏆 442. in US

Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter

Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.

Alex Jones' 2nd Sandy Hook defamation trial set to begin in ConnecticutAlex Jones' 2nd Sandy Hook defamation trial set to begin in ConnecticutAfter losing one nearly $50 million verdict in Texas, Alex Jones is going on trial again in Connecticut for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax.
Les mer »

Trial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseTrial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseA month after losing one nearly $50 million verdict, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is set to go on trial a second time for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax and causing several of the victims' families emotional and psychological harm. A six-member jury with several alternates in Connecticut will begin hearing evidence Tuesday on how much Jones should pay the families, since he already has been found liable for damages to them. Last month, a Texas jury ordered Jones to pay $49.3 million to the parents of 6-year-old Jesse Lewis, one of 26 students and teachers killed in the 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
Les mer »

Trial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseTrial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseConspiracy theorist Alex Jones is set to go on trial a second time for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax and causing several victims' relatives emotional and psychological harm
Les mer »

Trial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseTrial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseConspiracy theorist Alex Jones is set to go on trial a second time for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax and causing several victims' relatives emotional and psychological harm.
Les mer »

Trial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseTrial set to begin for Alex Jones in Sandy Hook hoax caseA month after losing one nearly $50M verdict, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is set to go on trial a second time for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax and causing several of the victims’ families emotional and psychological harm.
Les mer »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:33:38