Elon Musk brought more drama to his bid to buy Twitter on Friday, saying the deal was 'on hold' while he investigated the volume of fake accounts on the platform. Experts speculated the move could be a precursor to negotiating down the sale price.
, which account for the bulk of Musk's wealth, had lost nearly 30% of their value in the last month as of Thursday's close. On Friday, Tesla stock was up nearly 8%.
But it's not clear that Musk would or could simply walk away from the deal. His agreement with Twitter includes a $1 billion break-up fee if he backs out, with few exceptions. The company works to detect and suspend false or spam accounts, and to omit them from its calculations of monetizable active users. But Twitter also acknowledged in its filing that fake or spam accounts still exist on its platform. It added,"our estimation of false or spam accounts may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have estimated.
Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.
Elon Musk faces a federal probe over late disclosure of his initial Twitter stake | EngadgetThe US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating Elon Musk's belated disclosure of his purchase of more than 5 percent of Twitter's share..
Les mer »
Running Twitter may be much harder than Elon Musk thinksOn Tuesday, Elon Musk said he would reverse Twitter’s ban of former President Donald Trump, who was booted in January 2021 for inciting violence at the U.S. Capitol, should he succeed in acquiring the social platform for $44 billion.
Les mer »
The SEC is investigating Elon Musk for late disclosure of Twitter stakeMusk should have publicized his Twitter stake by March 24. But only did so by April 4 and potentially saved $143 million during his buy while breaking SEC rules.
Les mer »
Periscope Co-Founder Says He Was 'Asked' To Leave Twitter Amid Elon Musk BuyoutKayvon Beykpour and Bruce Falck are out weeks after Elon Musk announced plans to buy the social media company.
Les mer »
Elon Musk says Twitter deal on hold pending details on fake accounts; shares plunge 19%Elon Musk announced Friday that the Twitter deal is on hold until he receives more information about how many fake accounts there are on the platform.
Les mer »