Starting June 1, people who test positive for COVID-19 will receive an automated text message from the Illinois Department of Public Health that points toward available resources. Previously, there was a call back option from contact tracers.
The text message will give direct people to call an automated information line or visit a website for additional guidance on isolation, close contact notification and resource availability. According to IDPH, the automated system will direct callers to resources in English, Polish and Spanish.
The new contact tracing process will not impact investigations in congregate facilities, according to officials who say those cases “remain a top priority for local health departments and IDPH.” Previously, when people were notified of a positive test they had a call back option from contact tracers and individual case investigations of people 65 and older.
In announcing the shift in contact tracing, state health officials cited the availability of COVID-19 vaccines, at-home testing kits and updated isolation and quarantine guidance for revising its approach from universal contact tracing and individual COVID-19 case investigations to an automated system.late last year, will cease operations May 31, according to IDPH.
Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.
As COVID-19 cases rise, 60% of eligible kids in Illinois are still unvaccinatedDoctors, public health experts and community members who work on vaccine outreach say they hear a range of concerns from parents.
Les mer »
Beverly Hills mayor tests positive for COVID-19The Beverly Hills City Council will hold its meetings Tuesday on a virtual basis after two of its members tested positive for the coronavirus, including Mayor Lili Bosse.
Les mer »
Clinical director discusses how COVID-19 pandemic has affected children’s mental healthMay is Mental Health Awareness Month and the Texas Child Health Access Through Telemedicine program (TCHATT) provides services for children and adolescents referred by their schools.
Les mer »
The COVID-19 pandemic is 'most certainly not over,' WHO chief saysAlthough there has been progress, with 60% of the world’s population vaccinated, “it’s not over anywhere until it’s over everywhere,” the United Nations health agency’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.
Les mer »
Monkeypox threat doesn't rise to level of COVID-19, President Biden saysSpeaking in Tokyo a day after he said the virus was something 'to be concerned about,' Biden said, 'I just don't think it rises to the level of the kind of concern that existed with COVID-19.'
Les mer »