With so much positive feedback, it came as quite a surprise when Gulf Shores city officials found out that Long Beach, California was awarded a two-year contract for the championship once its contract runs out in 2024.
“Very disappointed, and we feel like after they move this out to California for a couple of years, we feel like they’re going to want to come back immediately after,” said spokesperson for the City of Gulf Shores, Grant Brown. “We’re in the middle of the country. It’s the right place to have this. We are not on the west coast. We are not on the east coast. We’re in the dead center of the country which is a great place for a national championship.
The partnership has been good to the city, financially and will be for the next two years before the move to Long Beach. The tournament will go to the west coast for 2025 and 2026. Then, it will be back up for bid. The tournament is open to the public and tickets are available at the gate Friday through Sunday, May 8, 2022.Download the FOX10 Weather App. Get life-saving severe weather warnings and alerts for your location no matter where you are. Available free in the
Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.
Colombia extradites feared head of Gulf Clan to USColombia has extradited the alleged head of the feared Gulf Clan, to the United States where he faces indictments in three federal courts
Les mer »
Inbound Gulf Fwy ramp to East Loop northbound reopens after chaseA police chase that spanned from Galveston to the South 610 Loop ended with an arrest and a brief traffic closure Wednesday.
Les mer »
Long Beach State volleyball’s Alex Nikolov makes history with national honorThe 6-foot-8 Bulgarian is the first freshman ever to be named the AVCA National Player of the Year. Long Beach faces UCLA in a national semifinal on Thursday night.
Les mer »
Deputy on beach patrol runs over woman lying in sand, sheriff’s office saysThe Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said Deputy Todd Brien, who has been with the department for eight years, struck a 23-year-old beachgoer with his patrol vehicle in St. Pete Beach while she was lying on her back in the sand.
Les mer »
There Was No Attempt to Take a Child at Encinitas Beach, Deputies SayAn incident that was reported last week of a man attempting to walk away with a child at an Encinitas Beach did not happen, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department confirmed Thursday.
Les mer »