Their exits reflect what is a tumultuous moment for the company, which is struggling to finish a deal to sell itself to Elon Musk.
trio of high-ranking Twitter executives are leaving the company, which may or may not get sold to Elon Musk but has already suffered several high-profile departures and a dwindling stock price.
Out are Ilya Brown, a vice president of product management; Katrina Lane, a vice president of Twitter Service; and Max Schmeiser, head of data science. “We continue to be focused on providing the very best experience to the people on Twitter,” a Twitter spokesperson says. “We are thankful for all of their hard work and leadership.”
Their exits come closely behind two firings. Last week, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal dismissed Kayvon Beykpour, the company’s head of consumer product, and Bruce Falck, its head of revenue product. At the same time, Agrawal announced a hiring freeze and budget cuts but ruled out layoffs . As these executives leave, Twitter sits in a state of limbo. Musk on Tuesday said the $44 billion deal he negotiated with Twitter’s board can’t move forward until Twitter provides evidence to support its estimate that less than 5% of accounts are spam. The number is a long-existing one, and it has seemed like a diversionary tactic by Musk to possibly force the board into agreeing to a new price—a lower one after weeks of a tech-stock downturn.
Twitter stock remains well below $54.20—up somewhat on Tuesday, a 2.3% increase to $38. If investors weren’t perturbed by Musk and the departures and everything else, that number
Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.
Twitter's CEO argues with Musk over bot accounts (update - Musk says deal cannot move forward!)Elon Musk and Twitter's CEO Parag Agrawal are having some beef.
Les mer »
Musk Met Twitter Execs for Three Days Before Making a Bid, Unclear If They Discussed BotsTwitter’s filing didn’t say what was discussed in its meetings or if Musk brought up his concerns about the proliferation of spam accounts on the platform.
Les mer »
Musk links deal progress on proof of spam bot share on TwitterElon Musk said on Tuesday his $44-billion offer would not move forward until Twitter Inc shows proof that spam bots account for less than 5% of its total users, hours after suggesting he could seek a lower price for the company.
Les mer »
Elon Musk doubles down on support for this Twitter feature | Digital TrendsElonMusk has again recommended people use the latest-tweets feed as he believes the algorithm-based one could manipulate users 'in ways you don't realize.'
Les mer »