Istanbul prosecutor's office demanded the detention of Turkish businessman ...
Supporters of Osman Kavala, Turkish businessman and philanthropist, wait for his release from the prison at a roadside cafe, in Silivri, near Istanbul, Turkey, February 18, 2020. REUTERS/Umit Bektas
ANKARA - Istanbul prosecutor’s office demanded the detention of Turkish businessman Osman Kavala who was acquitted earlier on Tuesday, for an investigation into a failed coup in 2016, a court document seen by Reuters showed. A Turkish court on Tuesday had acquitted businessman Osman Kavala and eight others over their alleged role in the Gezi Park protests of 2013, delivering a surprise verdict in a case that had drawn criticism from Western allies and rights groups.
Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.
UN cites 'horror' in Syria's Idlib as tense Turkey-Russia talks failUN seeks creation of humanitarian corridors in northwestern Syria, expressing horror at regime offensive there, while Ankara-Moscow talks on Idlib crisis end without a breakthrough.
Les mer »
UN cites 'horror' in Syria's Idlib as tense Turkey-Russia talks endUN seeks creation of humanitarian corridors in northwestern Syria, expressing horror at regime offensive there, while Ankara-Moscow talks on Idlib crisis end without a statement.
Les mer »
Turkey acquits defendants in controversial 2013 Gezi Park protest trialA Turkish court acquits defendants over the 2013 protests in Istanbul's Gezi Park -- a high-profile trial criticized by rights groups as part of the government's crackdown on dissenting voices
Les mer »
Turkey to arrest 228 for links to FETO terror groupThe suspects, in the capital Ankara, are part of a group of 71 FETO members, including 33 active-duty officials, who infiltrated the Justice Ministry, said the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
Les mer »
Turkey to arrest 228 for links to cleric in probe of military, ministry: AnadoluTurkish prosecutors investigating the military and justice ministry on Tuesday o...
Les mer »
Syrian forces seize most of Aleppo province, on eve of Turkey-Russia talksSyrian government forces have seized most of Aleppo, state media says, a day before a new round of talks between Turkey and Russia on escalation in the area.
Les mer »