US, Germany condemn Syria regime attack on Turkish troops – latest updates

Norge Nyheter Nyheter

US, Germany condemn Syria regime attack on Turkish troops – latest updates
Norge Siste Nytt,Norge Overskrifter
  • 📰 trtworld
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 122 sec. here
  • 4 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 52%
  • Publisher: 63%

US is looking to help Turkey urgently to support it against Syrian regime forces in Idlib province with sharing of information and equipment, says senior State Department official - Reuters Latest:

Body of Infantry Expert Corporal Ali Tasoz , who was killed as a result of the attack by the Syrian regime forces in Idlib, reaches his hometown Kayseri by military plane, on February 28, 2020. US President Donald Trump "expressed his condolences and condemned" a bombardment by Russian-backed Syrian regime forces on Thursday that killed 33 Turkish soldiers, the White House said in a statement.

"The chancellor condemned the ruthless attacks on Turkish troops and called for an end to the offensive operations of the Syrian regime and its supporters," said Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert, following the German leader's telephone conversation with Turkish President Erdogan. Fahrettin Altun said Erdogan told Putin that the current refugee situation along the Turkish borders was due to Syrian regime’s negligence and deliberate acts.

Also on Friday, Turkish officials told a visiting Russian delegation that Idlib ceasefire must be established immediately and that Syrian regime must pull back to pre-determined borders.NATO calls on Russia, Syria to halt Idlib offensive The attack on Turkish troops occurred although the location of our forces was known by Russia, Akar said.

It was quoted as saying Ankara failed to notify Moscow of the presence of Turkish troops in the area hit by shelling despite being in regular communication with the Russian military.Greece has tightened sea and land borders with Turkey after developments overnight in the Syrian region of Idlib, government sources said on Friday.

"The North Atlantic Council, which includes the ambassadors of all 29 NATO allies, will meet on Friday 28 February following a request by Turkey to hold consultations under article 4 of NATO's founding Washington Treaty on the situation in Syria," the alliance said in a statement. After the 2012 incidents NATO agreed to deploy Patriot missile batteries in Turkey as a defensive measure.In the aftermath of the attack, internet users in Turkey reported slow-downs and problems accessing social media sites. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram became unreachable around 2030 GMT and the internet restrictions continued into the next day.

She described a video conversation last week with 14 Syrian women in Idlib and northern Aleppo who are humanitarian workers and said what is happening “is beyond imagination” and “not humanly tolerable.”"I wish Allah's mercy to martyred soldiers and extend my condolences to their families and our nation. Allah bless our soldiers," Kemal Kilicdaroglu, the leader of the main opposition Republican People's Party , said on Twitter.

Turkish Armed Forces have destroyed a total of 1,709 regime targets in operations in Idlib since February 10, 2020, security sources shared on Thursday night.

Vi har oppsummert denne nyheten slik at du kan lese den raskt. Er du interessert i nyhetene kan du lese hele teksten her. Les mer:

trtworld /  🏆 101. in US

Norge Siste Nytt, Norge Overskrifter

Similar News:Du kan også lese nyheter som ligner på denne som vi har samlet inn fra andre nyhetskilder.

29 Turkish soldiers killed in northeast Syria air strike29 Turkish soldiers killed in northeast Syria air strikeNearly two dozen Turkish soldiers were killed in an air strike by Syrian government forces a Turkish official says. The deaths in northeast Syria mark a serious escalation in the direct conflict between Turkish and Russia-backed Syrian forces.
Les mer »

Russia denies responsibility after strikes kill at least 33 Turkish troops in SyriaRussia denies responsibility after strikes kill at least 33 Turkish troops in SyriaRussia's military denies responsibility for airstrikes that killed dozens of Turkish soldiers in Syrian province of Idlib.
Les mer »

Russia and Turkey's conflict in Syria escalates amid new troop deathsRussia and Turkey's conflict in Syria escalates amid new troop deathsTurkish Hatay province Governor Rahmi Dogan said that 22 Turkish troops were killed in airstrikes blamed on the Syrian government against their positions in the country's northwestern province of Idlib.
Les mer »

Turkey says it will let refugees into Europe after troops killed in SyriaTurkey says it will let refugees into Europe after troops killed in SyriaRefugees in Turkey headed toward European frontiers after an official declared that borders had been thrown open, a response to the escalating war in Syria where 33 Turkish soldiers were killed by Russian-backed Syrian government troops
Les mer »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 11:28:54